Back to FAQ's
How long does your legal copyright last (UK)?
- Music and Sound recordings : 70 years from the date it was originally published
- Written, dramatic, musical and artistic works : 70 years from the death of the author
- Films : 70 years from the death of the director, screenplay author and composer
- Broadcasts : 50 years from the date of original broadcast
- Databases : 15 years from when the database is made or, if the database is published during this time, 15 years from publication
- Layout of published editions of written, dramatic or musical works : 25 years from the date it was originally published